Our basic tax courses are extended-length programs designed to help students prepare for and pass IRS, Oregon Tax Board and CTEC examinations.
The Basic Tax Course - Federal Law takes approximately 12 weeks to complete.
Recommended completion time for Oregon Basic Tax Course or CTEC Basic Tax Course which include federal and state tax law is 15 weeks.
Examine the quality and thoroughness of our Basic Tax Course at no charge. If you like what you see you can purchase the rest of the course.
Our on-demand courses provide continuing education and staff training solutions for CPAs, Enrolled Agents and Registered Tax Return Preparers.
Tax clients expect to work with professionals who understand tax laws and how they apply to accurate preparation of their income tax returns. Our education programs deliver in-depth education which emphasizes practical application of tax law to the real world of professional tax preparation. Interactive on-demand courses are delivered through our customized Learning Management System (LMS) and include the following learning tools:
- Full-length lecture videos
- Access to a Q&A Forum
- A detailed course manual that provides working illustrations and sample tax returns.
- A quiz to test understanding of topics covered
- Classwork and homework assignments which teach tax return mechanics by applying tax law to preparation of sample tax returns.
This format offers a more traditional style of self-study CE. It is suitable for people who do not have access to high-speed internet. Course materials include detailed student manuals, classwork, homework and quiz assignments only. This format does NOT include lecture video recordings.
Our live webinars provide a classroom-like learning for students who want the opportunity of interacting with a live instructor from the comfort of home or office.
- Use your computer and high-speed Internet connection to participate in a live class.
- See and hear your instructor as she delivers each session's lecture.
- Use chat features to communicate with your instructor and fellow students during each live class.
- Use our LMS Q&A Forum to post questions and receive answers from school instructors after the webinar is over.
Webcasts consist of a rebroadcast of a previously recorded lecture from our Webinar series. A LIVE moderator is present throughout the webcast to answer questions you may have concerning the course content.
Missed a webinar? Enjoy numerous oppurtunities to watch scheduled rebroadcasts of webinars that prevously were only available once each year. Stay tuned to our Wecast schedule for daily offerings of many of our most popular programs.